Frequently Asked Questions
- What is desiccated coconut and what is it used for?Desiccated coconut is the grated and dried white flesh of the coconut, with moisture typically below 3%. It generally comes in two particle sizes, fine or medium grade. It has a clean white color, is free from white or brown discolorations and has a pleasant coconut taste and aroma. Desiccated coconut is popularly used in baked goods such as cakes, biscuits, puddings and so on.
- High Fat or Low Fat desiccated coconut?We only produce high fat desiccated coconut at the moment. High fat desiccated coconut typically has an oil content above 65%. High fat desiccated coconut has a higher price than low fat. Low fat desiccated coconut is produced as a by product in the manufacture of coconut milk.
- What food safety certifications do you adhere to in manufacturing desiccated coconut?Our factory conforms to the latest FSSC 22000 standards in the production of our desiccated coconut. Our factory and production process are audited by a third party verification body annually. Every step of the production process is carefully orchestrated to ensure the safest and most hygiene product quality demanded by our global customers. We have a dedicated quality control team and fully equipped on site laboratory that ensures the final product conforms to all the physical, chemical and microbiological specification standards.
- What kind of packaging do you provide for Desiccated Coconut?The standard packaging we provide for our desiccated coconut in fine, medium or coarse grades, is multi-ply kraft paper bags with polyethylene liner. Our bags come in standard size of 7kg, 10kg, 25kg or 50kg. The most popular packaging option are the 25kg bags. Please send us an email if you would like to see pictures or to inquire about custom packaging materials and sizes, which we are also happy to provide. Some customers also require a white plastic covering outside the paper bag, making a total of three layers. We can also print custom names, images or logos on the paper bag or the optional outer white plastic layer.
- How much desiccated coconut will fit in a 20 or 40 feet container?We export our desiccated coconut in 20 or 40 feet dry containers. A 20 feet container will fit approximately 12-13 metric tons of product and a 40 feet container will fit approximately 26-27 metric tons of product. We line the sides of the container with corrugated paper and also desiccant bags to maintain dryness of the container during transit to the customers destination.
- How soon can you delivery your product?We can export our desiccated coconut within 10-14 days of receiving an order thanks to our high production capacity and efficiency. We will provide all shipping documentation required for customs clearance in your country.
- How is desiccated coconut stored? Desiccated coconut should be stored in a cool, dry environment without direct exposure to heat, sunlight or strong odors.
- Can I visit your factory to inspect your desiccated coconut? We are very happy to receive you in our factory in Kendari, Indonesia. Please email us to arrange a visit.
- Can you send me a sample of your desiccated coconut? We are very happy to send you a sample of our desiccated coconut. Please contact us by email for further information.